Well, you've been with us for 2 whole months (not to mention the 9 months + 10 days in me). I just wanted you to know how much you have stolen our hearts. You are so very precious to your daddy and I. We both adore you completely. From the moment I pulled you up onto my chest, you had me. The first couple of weeks were an adjustment; we were trying to figure you out, as I'm sure you were doing the same to us. But I think we've finally got a nice thing going. You have grown and changed so much already in such a short time period.
In two months you:
- have grown almost 3 inches
- have gained over 2 pounds
- are better at holding up your head
- nap on your belly
- make eye contact with us and follow us around with those big, blue eyes
- coo and 'talk' to us
- recognize mommy and daddy when you see us
- recognize daddy by feeling his beard
- smile when we play with you
- play on your mat for over 30 minutes at a time
- blow bubbles with your mouth
- grab things with your hands
- go to sleep when we lay you down at night (right now anyways)
- stare at your hands and put them together
- stare at your feet and sometimes get startled by them
- listen to us when we read a book to you and even look at the pictures
- laughed for the 1st time while mommy was singing you "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
- have figured out that mommy's arms feel better than anyone else's
Doll baby, you are amazing!
Some other special things:
- You love being wrapped up in your Moby. It's your safe place.
- You're already showing some personality. You are a very happy, smiley baby. I also think you might be a little bit feisty, and you seem to have a bit of a temper. My family always said it's the red hair that does it.
- Oh yeah, I think you are going to have red hair. Right now it's strawberry-blond, so we'll just have to wait and see.
- You make the best facial expressions. That is from your daddy. Just wait: he will teach you all kinds of funny faces.
- You have mommy's eye shape, but daddy's blue eyes.
- You also have looooong legs and arms.
- You love your arms over your head.
- You have a huge dimple on the left side of your cheek. Adorable.
- You love it when mommy sings to you and makes funny voices.
P.S. You are incredibly loved! I thank God every day for the way our church, the youth group, and your family love you. You are precious in His sight and many others too!