Monday, February 27, 2012

Flu-Like Symptoms

February 16

"Flu-like symptoms"

Can't be that bad, right? Wrong.

These flu-like symptoms are the worst. Add on the pain in the infected area, a hungry newborn, and we've got miserable.

I finally gave in and asked for help (something I'm not good at) and called Lynn. When she got here, I was bawling. She took the baby and I collapsed in bed for a little while. So thankful for that rest. My mom came the next day, but I was already feeling much better.

Mastitis had after effects as well. River Jane had some nursing strikes where I had to trick her into latching. Not fun.

River Jane is really making me work for this nursing thing. Doesn't she know it's good for her?

I'm having to let go and relax. I was getting so stressed all the time worrying about nursing lasting. I've had to come to terms with the fact that if I have to stop earlier than I'd like, I need to be okay with it. I like control, so that's hard to let go. I'm not in control; God is.

I am praying we can nurse a lot longer, but prepared to let go if we have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment