I researched and researched and researched...
Did you know that there is a whole other language for cloth diapering? All these funny words and phrases and types of diapers. I still don't know the language fully. It's a lot.
So, anyways, I researched to find the right diaper for us.
Also, did you know that cloth diapers are not what they used to be? They have some that are just as easy as regular diapers. It's quite amazing.
I ordered a few different types to try out. So far it's going really well. It's not bad. At all.
I am using BumGenious diapers. I got three kinds.
- Flip - basically a diaper cover with a pad. She can wear it all day; I just change the pad.
- All in ones - just like a regular diaper. Except I wash it instead of throw it away.
- 4.0 - like a regular diaper with a pad. You take the pad out, but still wash whole diaper.
And if I could just brag for a second. Today we had our first poopy in the cloth diaper. Taylor, not me. And you know what I did. I scraped the poopy into the toilet with toilet paper, and then I rinsed it out in the sink. With my bare hands. Ya, that's right. Be jealous.
Baby poop does not phase me anymore.
I am excited about these diapers. Here are my reasons for using them:
- They are so soft and comfy on her little hiney.
- Better for baby bottoms.
- They are cheaper in the long run.
- I will be able to use them for the rest of my kids, because they are durable.
- Less waste, like trash, not poopy waste.
- These bad boys are adjustable. Which means the diapers grow with the child. So cool.
Front view. Looking good kid, looking good.
Ahh, big booty, big booty, big booty. Ahh ya, big booty.
It does make her hiney bigger, but we've talked about it, and she's okay with it.
Pause, while I kiss that cute belly.
Taylor gives them... two thumbs up. Her hiney gives them... pee and poop.