Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seven Months.

Dear Taylor,

You are 7 months old today. At least you are in 'real' life. In my imagination, you are still 6 months. I think I'm just going to keep you there, if you don't mind.

You are such a delight to all. When I pray for you, I am always reminded of how much you are loved. Not just by Mommy and Daddy and Zissou, but by so many other people. I pray that you would take that love that you've been given, realize that it comes from God, and then give it all back. You are loved, baby girl, so loved.

Here is what you've been up to lately:
  • Food - you are eating food now. So far you like sweet potatoes, pears, and squash. I am slowly adding and introducing new stuff as we go. You are not a super big eater, but you are doing well.
  • Scooting - you've gotten good at scooting around on the floor. Backwards, not forwards. I will put a toy down as bait, and you will focus on it intently, and then slowly back away from it. But I know you want so bad to go towards it. All in good time, doll.
  • Weaning - you won't nurse before bed anymore. I'm having to give you a bottle instead. You still nurse during the day, but I sometimes supplement. Sometimes you want nothing to do with nursing, other times you act normal. I'm not sure why. We are still trying, though.
  • Pulling up - you've pulled yourself up a few times. You want to more, but you're not quite sure how to maneuver all the body parts yet to make that happen.
  • Standing - you love to stand. You like to hold our fingers tightly and look on with glee. You also like to hold on to your Bumbo seat while standing. It's quite funny.
  • Athletic skills - you are practicing your bball skills by palming clementines. Maybe you could teach Daddy. :-)
  • Music skills - you and Daddy have been playing on the piano. You love it. Your little legs kick like crazy, and you get so excited.
  • Soft hiney - you started using cloth diapers this week. So far you love them.
  • Pincher - you are so good at holding things with your hands and manipulating them. I would give you food to pinch, if only you had some teeth.
And now, of course, some 7 month pics. Mommy loves taking your picture.
Sweet, baby girl.











1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet.
    Babies are pretty amazing aren't they?

    ReplyDelete